Friday, October 2, 2020

Part 2 Antiques Liquidation Garage Sale -- Christmas Edition

 

A few weeks ago I liquidated all of my fall /Halloween themed vintage inventory.  Tomorrow morning I will be selling all of my Christmas inventory.  It will be less dramatic -- very little furniture or high priced items.  Just the leftovers from last year's Christmas season.  But CHEAP, so CHEAP.

These always sold like hotcakes in NW Missouri.
Down here?  Nada.

I sewed all of the crazy quilt stockings by hand.
Now selling them for $4 each.

The last of my bleached bottle brush trees -- on the $1 table!

All the items here are on the $1 table.

Still $1 table.

Yet more $1 items.
I am not planning on getting rich,
just clearing out and making room.
And maybe my husband can park his vehicle in the garage this winter!

7 comments:

  1. I've never made a huge amount of money at a yard sale. But, like you, my intention was to clear it out. The only way to do that is to price it low, and not expect people to pay 'boutique' prices. It always makes me chuckle when I go to a yard sale and see some of those prices. They're still there at the end of that long day...
    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It rained and was cold the morning of the sale - wah wah. but I still got rid of some stuff and made $200. I will donate the rest to a friend of mine that has her own antique store. Done!

      Delete
  2. I hate it when I'm selling and people argue over my already dirt cheap prices. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After selling antiques for 30 years i will always expect people to haggle. that is just what they do. i think i just became immune to it.

      Delete
  3. You have some awful beautiful hand made Christmas stocking, it's a shame you have to lower your price. But I agree when you need to make space, you do what you have too. I hope you sold enough to park the car in the garage. Thank you for sharing vicki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. one crazy quilt stocking left, and two needlepoint stockings left (i didn't make those, but can you imagine how long it took?) oh, well. donating to a friend. and yes! my husband gets to park in the garage! first time in 33 years! no kidding!

      Delete
  4. I'm just too happy that everything is in place for me now. I would gladly recommend the use of spell to any one going through marriage problems and want to put an end to it by emailing Dr Emu through emutemple@gmail.com and that was where I got the help to restore my marriage. WhatsApp +2347012841542
    Https://web.facebook.com/Emu-Temple-104891335203341

    ReplyDelete

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...