Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Tour Of Stonecrest Cottage Bunk Room


We made the bunk room as small as we possibly
could, to allow more room for the master bedroom.
But I still love it.

The best feature is the pipe ladder.
Which is as it should be, it was costly.
The curtain came from a thrift store,
and hangs on another pipe.

I already had two game boards, but made the one
on the right to bring in the room colors.
(White walls, gray bedspreads, gold accents.)

There was a ton of room under the bottom bunk,
so I included these three aluminum totes for guests to stow their stuff.

Each "headboard" has some space for personal items,
their own reading light and switch,
and a plug-in for games, phones, etc.

The mirror came from my antiques inventory,
but I did paint the gold parts.

Sliding barn door,
which was also part of my antiques inventory.
See that story here.

The closet alcove.

The metal light fits perfectly into the slightly 
industrial vibe.  I got the "guts" at the thrift store,
and only had to shell out for the metal shade at Lowe's.

1 comment:

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...