Sunday, March 8, 2015

Antique Lace Collars On Ebay

These antique collars are still from the vintage clothing box bonanza:

I don't have any idea how many I have,
there is still more than these.
This is a detail of a bobbin lace oldie.
I don't know if you are familiar with bobbin
lace making, but it looks hard.

Detail of satin collar, made in India.

Detail of ladies linen bow scarf
(like untied bow tie.)

Another bobbin lace collar,
possibly silk.

The wide shots are lovely...

but the closer you get...

the more you can see the gorgeous workmanship.

Most of these are Edwardian era...

somewhere between 1900-1920.

This battenburg lace beauty is my favorite.
 
You can see it's detailing better on a dark background.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...