Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Making Messy-Mossy Terra-Cotta Pots Tutorial

A few weeks ago I picked up a bunch of way-too-new-looking terra-cotta flowerpots.
They were begging to be aged.

A messy project (and a good dose of hyphens) is a great cure for the
not-quite-end-of-winter-blues.

  I started by brushing on some
plaster-of-paris mix on top edges of everything.
Giving them some texture and simulating mineral build-up.
 
I did a faux-fungus look by using different shades
of green and some brown paint --
 overlapping the colors somewhat.
 
I liked the ones best where I didn't get too heavy-handed.

To put the proverbial icing-on-the-cake
I dry-brushed an old wooden box
(using vintage alphabet stamps for the lettering)
 to corral this small herd of terra cotta pots.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...