Friday, July 27, 2018

Vintage Christmas In July


The continuing saga of local on-line auctions.
The above photo was about all I had to go on --
"LARGE ASST OF CHRISTMAS ITEMS".
I gambled, and won the lot for $6. 
I had to haul all of the above and other items I won out of the basement
and drag / pack in my van on a very hot day.
It about did me in.  I had driven several blocks when I saw the 
"door ajar" light on.  No biggie.  I went several more blocks before
I realized a side door was all the way open, which I pulled over and closed.
Chock it up to dehydration brain.  I went quite a bit further before
realizing the opposite side door was also open.
I finally made it home, drank some tea and went to work sorting.
Because the trash comes on Friday and I wanted to get rid of the excess.

 So in the clear light of morning here is what I kept
from the large Christmas assortment.
11 boxes ornaments, not super old --
but definitely sellable.

 This is the best item,
a color wheel for aluminum tree.

 Old nativity.
Love the cow.

Hard plastic snowman and churches,
which are musical.
I will do future posting on some other items I brought home from the auction.

3 comments:

  1. Goodness sounds like that about whooped you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Coby bulbs may be late 60's-early 70s; I had some in my hope chest; married in '73. That's pretty good for fragile Christmas bulbs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cow, too! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...