Friday, October 19, 2018

Back Yard View



We started out this spring with a pretty rough looking back yard.  We are not talking about the wooded perimeter, just the basic back yard had been neglected.  A large back section had been devoted to a "burn pile".  Picture not having trash service for 15 years and trying to burn all of your trash.  Yes, it was that bad.

After my husband cleared the area and grew grass, he planted a couple trees and some ornamental grasses to memorialize the area.  Lest we forget.

You can see our second big eyesore in back of the little tree -- an old chicken coop foundation that sat directly in back of our house.  Couldn't mow inside it, so huge weeds would grow within the foundation to great heights.

So my husband took out his frustrations in the summer heat by removing all of the stone foundation by himself.  Days.

 But our view is so fantastic now.

And this is the view from the back of the property towards our house.

2 comments:

  1. Hi just found your blog, I am adding you to my reading list, I love to buy second hand, use freecycle and go to car boot sales. I am looking forward to reading through your archives.

    ReplyDelete

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...