Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Dining Room Tour


 Eventually you will get to see the whole house.
But I am taking it one room each week or so.
And this week it is the dining room.

 I painted the china cabinet before we moved (click here for more details about that).
I knew the gold would go well with the 
"Magnolia Home" rug we bought for the room.

 I finally lead-tested my brown transferware,
so now I know I can use it to feed people.
Many of my white vases had to "move on"
because I don't have room for them --
these are the ones that made the cut.

 Original old oil painting on top of the cabinet.
Love it.

 
 Old wooden ladder my husband found --

 with great graphics on the side.

Almost sold our HEAVY oak buffet before moving.
I bought it about 30 years ago for $10, it was my first major furniture redo.
So glad I didn't sell it.  It fit into this little nook perfectly.
And has an awesome storage capacity.

Folk art oil painting above it.
My all-time favorite frame.
(And I do love frames.)

4 comments:

  1. LOVE the room. It looks great the way you have it decorated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, so sweet. we really do have company this weekend, my 93 year old father and his wife are visiting -- so it was good incentive to get some pictures hung, etc. i am definitely feeling more settled in.

      Delete
  2. I have been enjoying your house tour! The blanket ladder is amazing, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely room! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...