Saturday, June 8, 2019

Stuff From Dad

 My dad passed away a few months ago.
He was 93 and passed peacefully in his sleep
after an active, long life.
His wife still lives in the house,
but she invited my sibs and I to pick out a few things.

He did own alot of tools.
Every house we ever lived in had a "shop".
I was never allowed near it,
so it seemed like a hallowed shrine.
But I picked out a few old tools, per my brothers suggestions.

He always thought I needed a gun on this property.
So I took his Daisy BB gun.
Probably not what he had in mind.

This is such a funky light.
I don't know it's origins.
It is the only thing I asked my dad if I could
take after he "no longer needed it."
I don't know where I am going to use it,
but I love it.

His time during the Korean War is somewhat of a mystery.
We know that he was in Japan, but he never wanted to talk about it.
This silk flag was something none of us kids had ever seen,
from a Japanese friend.
I am now the "keeper of the flag".

2 comments:

  1. I love that light. It is very unusual. Tools are always a great thing to have around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was enamored with the light from the first time i saw it. the tools are ones i will really use.

    ReplyDelete

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...