Monday, June 9, 2014

Savannah MO City-Wide Garage Sale Part 2

Friday and Saturday of Savannah's City-Wide Garage Sale whizzed by in a blur.
By Saturday afternoon I was in Yard Sale Coma.  It pained me to pass by garage sales without stopping, but I just couldn't manage to hit every one.  My husband, son and daughter-in-law all took turns "sailing" with me.

Friday the weather was great and the crowds weren't too bad.
We loaded and emptied the van a couple of times.
Everything ran like clockwork.
  
 Saturday was another story.
Deluges of rain which lasted until late morning.
Many of the sales didn't open
until later, or not at all.
 
This picture says it all:
"What?  You forgot the bungee cords?
And you ran out of checks?
And we don't have enough money to pay this guy?"
15 minutes later this was followed by a dead battery.
 
We still managed to find a few things and have a good time.
The finale was lunch served by the Main Street Committee.
I wish I had taken a picture of the homemade strawberry-
rhubarb pie, it was a thing of beauty.
 
It seemed like there were sales in the surrounding countryside than usual.
We saw this huge snapper hugging a garage door outside of town.
We figured his home got flooded out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...