Monday, June 23, 2014

Vintage Mantel -- Furniture Redo

OK, in this post the word "vintage" is being used loosely.  I thought the mantel was older when I bought it than was true upon closer inspection.But it does have great detailing and it is SOLID wood. 

The orangish hue did not do anything for me,
so I knew I would have to paint it.

I did a quick coat of green chalkpaint -- because
I will be selling it around the holidays
and wanted a bit of green peeking through.

Then two coats of "Navajo White" --
turned in to chalk paint. 
Some sanding to distress it.
(My favorite part of any day.)
 
Possibly my least favorite part of any day -- waxing.
 A coat of clear Briwax.  Let dry.
A coat of brown liquidish wax, instantly wiped off.
Let dry.  Buff.  Nice outcome and worth the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...