Sunday, August 24, 2014

Creepy Doll Heads on Ebay -- Fall must be around the corner

The first of September I start stocking my antique booth with Halloween stuff.  If I want to try selling Halloween items on ebay first, then NOW is the time.  So I went through a couple of boxes to see what I had stashed.  I came up with quite a collection of creepy doll heads. 

For the last several years I have come up with a couple of old creepy dolls to sell on ebay around Halloween.  (The complete doll). 

They sell extremely well and I have an unexplainable amount of fun selling them.  Why?

I don't know if it is because it is the final step in upcycling an otherwise trashworthy item. 

Maybe it is the challenge of capturing the "creepy" in photos.

I don't alter the dolls, I just sell them in their well-aged, well-played with condition -- which is enough to send a shiver through most people.
These sold on ebay for $42.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...