Friday, August 8, 2014

Saturdays Vintage Finds -- Jadeite Joy 8.2.14

It is the only thing Martha Stewart and I have in common -- our hearts rejoice at jadeite.  My heart positively did a jig when the first garage sale I encountered on Saturday had TWO stacks of nesting jadite mixing bowls.  Is this real?  Are you kidding me?  Where is the TV camera?


three nesting lipped mixing bowls


swirl pattern -- two mediums and a large
 
three cereal bowls

As exciting as this find was, jadeite has dropped in value over the last few years.  After checking out the current market value on ebay I decided to just go ahead and sell it at my antique booth.   It all sold in one day.

I also found this stoneware planter with
great lion head and rose swag motif.

I haven't been able to find one like it,
so I need to keep researching.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...