Sunday, August 10, 2014

Vintage Faded Sunflower Painting Redo

I pick up cool old frames all the time.  I usually don't even pay attention to the cheap artwork inside.  Selling painted frames is my bread and butter. 

My husband had found this one for me.  I was looking at the frame and sizing it up ... thinking what color paint would look good on it. 

Then I noticed the brass name plate on the bottom.  Darn, something else I would have to mess with.  On second thought, maybe not.  I have some painting skills.  What if I just brought the sunfaded sunflowers back to life? 

All it took was three colors of paint, and I LOVE the finished work.  Worst case scenario?  It doesn't sell like this and I end up painting the frame to sell by itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...