Sunday, August 17, 2014

Too Many Oil Lamps, Too Little Time -- Using An Ebay Store

I have a confession.  I am paying someone else to sell something on ebay for me.  Several somethings.  Several oil lamps.  I don't even really like them, but over the past year I had accumulated EIGHT that I had intended to put on ebay.  When I had time (which was never).  Even when I sat down to put things on ebay I would put off doing the oil lamps.  Why?

Oil lamps are not an area I know much about, so I would have to spend a lot of time researching in order to describe them well.

Also, shipping.  My husband does my shipping for ebay and tends to get grouchy when I list breakables.  If the item gets damaged that I've dropped off at the ebay store, they are the ones dealing with the cranky customers and bad feedback.

The oil lamps were just starting to drag me down every time I looked at them.  So I took the whole kit and caboodle over to an "ebay store" (physical building) that has been in our town for a few months.  $5 per item + 20% commission if it sells + ebay fees.  Probably that means I'll be dishing out about 50% of the final price for many of them.  But considering I was toying with giving them away in order to get out from under the emotional drain...I still feel good about the decision.  If it turns out well, I will try to think of other items I would rather not have to do the listing for.

1 comment:

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...