Saturday, November 29, 2014

Rusty Bits & Pieces Christmas Tree

I got the huge drawer full of rusty junk (I could not even carry it) at the November Estate Sale. 
 
(This is just a small portion of my original rusty box.)
I used a few bits and pieces on other projects (including the bottle brush trees in my Still More Bottlebrush Trees post) and then decided to go for broke.  I had purchased a Styrofoam Christmas tree to bedazzle with vintage jewelry.  I still am going to do that, but I put it on the back burner for now.

I left the plastic covering on the tree and spraypainted it pewter, then hit areas with black chalkboard spraypaint.  Because of it being Styrofoam, I was able to just press the rusty bits in with nails. (Be warned: it takes a TON of little rusty bits.) The only part I used glue on was the top.  I loved how it turned out.  Selling it at my Rusty Chandelier booth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...