Thursday, January 15, 2015

2012 Archives #2 -- Delila Dresser Furniture Redo

Another relic from the 2012 archives -- click here to see 2012 Dresser #1.  This one I do not have a "before" photo of.  I am very surprised I even thought to get an "after".  Last week our desktop computer bit the dust -- I had over 50 pieces of furniture that I had "resurrected", named and documented on that computer.  Sadly, even the Nerd Herd couldn't retrieve the info.  Sigh.  So this is one of the few I have a history of.
 
Purchased at a garage sale for $15.
Two coats of Valspar "Dining Room Gold".
Again, pre-chalk paint conversion.
I loved that light gold color.

I rag rubbed a medium stain on top of the dried paint,
and then immediately wiped it off.
That helped give the color just a little dimension.
This resurrected dresser I called "Delilla".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...