Sunday, March 8, 2020

Bedside Tables Get A Tin Ceiling Topper


 
I bought these a couple of weeks ago for the new guest cottage.
They were green, I painted them a pale gray.
Then some stains bled through the new paint on top.

 So I grabbed a full sheet of old ceiling tile,
and cut it into bitsize sections.

After I pounded down the front and back sides,
I trimmed the corner sections out.

 Then I hammered down the sides.

 Love the look.
I don't think I need to nails down the sides.

Top looks great and will be flat enough for a bedside light.
Ended up not using these at the guest cottage, too big.

3 comments:

  1. I love those tiles. Good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like using tin snips, so I had to push myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vintage ceiling tin makes everything look beautiful! I brush on a coat of poly to seal it and make it wipeable. These look awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...