Saturday, March 21, 2020

Wash Tub Succulent Nursery -- Part 1


 We finally had a nice day.
So we worked off some of our Corona Virus Blues outside.
I got a good start on my succulents nursery.
I kind of had one at our old house, but
the different types tended to grow together if I wasn't vigilant.

 So I have eight different containers now,
for at least eight varieties.
It is on the south side of our workshop,
so it will get plenty of light.

I made holes in the bottom of each.  Check.
I put them where I want them.  Check.
I have filled each one about 1/2 full of
rocks and cast off pieces of lumber from our guest cottage project.
I am well on my way!

 While waiting for a delivery of topsoil,
I weeded and edged this area with rocks.
We planted bee balm there last year and it has spread like crazy.
(Good for the bees!)
It needs a little garden decor on the fence.

The tractor sprinkler is from my childhood.
It would follow the garden hose all over the hard.
It weighs a TON.

2 comments:

  1. I love all the wash tubs and that old sprinkler.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fortunately, I already had all the washtubs. My antique sales have slowed down so much that I didn't mind using them myself instead of selling them

    ReplyDelete

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...