Monday, March 30, 2020

Figure-8 Shaped Flowerbed

This flowerbed is on the east side of our house. You can see it from the office, guest room and sun room.  There was a big stump, and I had decided when we moved in two years ago that I wanted to put a planter on it so that it could be viewed from any of the three rooms.  So it begins.....

Last year we added a birdbath and irises to the area -- little steps.  

This spring my son brought his chainsaw and leveled the stump, so I could actually put the big "flower pot" on it.  We picked up a couple of awesome dogwood bushes early this spring that had been leftover at a greenhouse from last year -- they were a good size and super healthy.

So, it was time to put the knees to the soil and make a stone border.  If I told you about our stony clay soil you wouldn't believe me.  Let me just say -- we have stones to spare.  All last week I was weeding the area, gathering the stones, and laying the stones.  Whew. I still will plant some perennials in the ground and annuals in the big bucket. But, hey. With the quarantine I have time on my hands.  Our property is going to look professionally landscaped after this "isolation" period.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean. My raised beds are cleaned now and it usually takes me a lot longer to get that done.

    Your bed is gonna look great when you get finished.

    ReplyDelete

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...