Friday, March 27, 2020

My Husband's Corona Virus Isolation Project #5 -- Chicken Living Quarters


It started out as a long range project.
As long as the great "isolation" lasts,
my husband and son would dabble around building the future 
chicken yard.  Eventually, it would be perfect --
and then we would get the poultry.

The same day I took these pics, 
I went to the grocery store.  NO EGGS.

I told the lady at the counter,
no problem.  I live in the country,
everyone has "Eggs For Sale".  Nope.
She said that the two people she knew with
"layers" have a waiting list for the eggs.

Then I made the mistake of looking for laying hens
on Craigslist.  Everybody wants them right now.
For the same reason I do.
Gorgeous, right?
Suddenly, I need them now now NOW!

So, my poor husband is going into overdrive.

Pouring concrete on the coop floor.
Hanging a gate.
Perfect chicken living quarters will have to wait --
I want to pick up my chickens this weekend.

2 comments:

  1. You'll enjoy them. Chickens are funny. I love mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really looking forward to them. a friend of mine had chickens, we would just sit in a lawn chair and make up conversations for them. can't wait.

    ReplyDelete

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...