Saturday, March 7, 2020

Hunting & Gathering For The Guest Cottage


 I have not been very good about posting my finds for the guest cottage.
I got two of these lanterns for the exterior of the cabin,
they were on clearance at Lowe's.  I think I paid about $30 each.

These are actually chicken coop warmer lights,
they will be the lights over the kitchen counter area.
$120 at an antique store.

A good reminder that you should always shop at home first.
My husband scrounged around and find two barn doors in
our own shop.  This one will be the queen size bed headboard.
The other will be a rolling door for the bunk room.
I don't recall what we paid for them, not much because
I bought them for resale.

 After frantically looking for the perfect old front door,
he found one buried in our shop.  I will add a bit of
pizzazz to it, and it will be great.  This was here
when we moved in -- FREE!

 Love seat from thrift store -- $100.
UPDATE: this loveseat was too big.  We ended up ordering a new one from Overstock.com.
Left is sink for bathroom $30 from Facebook Marketplace.

This will be above the porch roof to let more light into
the kitchen / living area.  $200 from an antique store.

2 comments:

  1. Good picks for the cabin. Can't wait to see the finished project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is going SO SLOW. We have had so much rain. argh

    ReplyDelete

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...