Wednesday, March 18, 2020

My Husband's Corona Virus Isolation Project #1 -- Mini Pond


 My husband may be home for awhile with the virus outbreak.
We both are definitely going to have to find projects to stay sane.
So this is his first CVI (Corona Virus Isolation) project --
a 30 gallon pond in our front yard.

 First he dug the hole.
Very hard with our rocky soil.
While we have rocks galore, none are smooth.
So he had to go to a hardware store to get some smooth stones.
The daily rains are filling it for us.

 We have had the pump forever, waiting for this project.
But he had a hard time getting the tube up through
the bottom of it so that it will come out the spout.
It still needs some touches.  We plan to add plants
and some small fish. We'll keep you updated as it progresses.

 This is part of the stone berm that the pond is connected to.
I hauled each of these stones into position a couple years ago.
The succulents that I tucked in are doing great --
they look this good after a mean winter!

I also tucked in some moss last fall.
So pretty!

1 comment:

  1. Love it. It's going to be fun sitting by it and watching the fish.

    ReplyDelete

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...