Friday, May 13, 2016

Two Little Vintage Wallhangings Finally Done

 I got motivated to finish up a couple little wallhanging projects.
I love this little window, only a few inches tall.
I had a strip of this great vintage fabric
and new it would be a great marriage.

Since it was just a thin section of quilt top,
I saturated the fabric with a 50/50 glue & water
solution and just applied it to the back of the glass.
 
Both of these projects took me months to complete
for some reason.  I painted the board two or
three times before I was happy with how the background looked.

Weeks later, I did the lettering.
Still not satisfied...eventually added the hinges.
Weeks after that I added the hanger.
Procrastination...argh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...