Friday, May 13, 2016

Two Little Vintage Wallhangings Finally Done

 I got motivated to finish up a couple little wallhanging projects.
I love this little window, only a few inches tall.
I had a strip of this great vintage fabric
and new it would be a great marriage.

Since it was just a thin section of quilt top,
I saturated the fabric with a 50/50 glue & water
solution and just applied it to the back of the glass.
Both of these projects took me months to complete
for some reason.  I painted the board two or
three times before I was happy with how the background looked.

Weeks later, I did the lettering.
Still not satisfied...eventually added the hinges.
Weeks after that I added the hanger.
Linking Up With:

No comments:

Post a Comment

1895 Staircase Showstopper

The stairway of our 1895 house is a showstopper. Somehow, the wood has escaped paint for over 120 years. The exterior of the hous...