Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Two Different Signs From One Old Bed Frame

I paid $5 for parts of an old victorian walnut bed frame.
They seemed very surprised to have anyone actually buy it.
But I knew I could get at least one good project from it,
maybe more....

This sign was my first project.
All it took was drybrushing with white paint, stenciling and a little wood glue.


This was project #2.
Even easier, using the whole headboard.
Dry brushing with white paint and a little stenciling.

 
Project #3 will be a hanging indoor wall decoration 
made from both pieces in the above photo.
Check back at a later time for that.
Three easy upcycles from one old bed frame!

1 comment:

  1. You can't go buy that much wood at the store for $5. You got a good deal. Just like all the buttons on my blog today. Told the guy if somebody doesn't have a use for what ever it is you are buying, then it's no good to them.

    You made good use of something that would have ended up in a landfill.

    I like them. I've been looking up faux metal paint techniques and faux rust painting techniques.

    ReplyDelete

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...