Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Recreating Aged Layered Paint On Old Bistro Chairs -- Day 17

I was right yesterday.  Two coats of white paint,
on already white trim in the sunroom,
did not lend itself to good photos.

So I took pics of two bistro chairs that I worked on today.
They will go in a small corner in the kitchen.
The one on the left is shown "as found".
The one on the right I hit here and there with a pale green color.

 After the pale green dried,
I added a dark green covering most of the chair.
Then a little sanding to distress.
Followed by a wood stain, brushed on and
immediately wiped off.

Both chairs are now ready for a cozy eating area in the kitchen.

2 comments:

  1. Cute chairs. I haven't seen any like that before. I like the rustic look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the layered patina! Great job--thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...