Friday, May 22, 2015

Have Yourself A Junky Little Christmas Tree

I bought this tree at a yard sale a few weeks ago for $1.  It was turquoise, and had been used as a scarf holder.  I have nothing against the color turquoise, but it is not a color I use in my displays. 

I spraypainted it a flat black,
maybe add some green sometime before Christmas.

It took awhile for the future little Christmas tree to speak to me.  Then I went back to my rusty bits and pieces stash (see post here).  Drilled some holes in the horizontal wood pieces. 

I attached rusty bits that I would be able to hang vintage ornaments off of. 
I had the vision...

of shiny brites dancing in my head.

This is almost enough to make me look forward to December.

1 comment:

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...