Tuesday, April 7, 2020

A Sick Rooster, Drippy Faucet & Lawn Chair Redo

Even on Corona Virus quarantine days you never know what you're gonna git.  At 7 am this morning my husband woke me up to say the rooster wasn't doing well.  I rolled over to ask him how the rooster was acting, and he pointed to a tiny bundle inside the crook of his arm.  Too sick to care he was being toted around.  Sigh.  One week of having chickens, and I was out of my depth. I made a couple emergency calls to people who know chicken charmers. Then I sent my husband out to try to round up electrolytes and VetRx.  Meanwhile I held and petted a very despondent little rooster.

(Here he is 24 hours later -- definitely an improvement).
I used a syringe to inject a little electrolyte water into Cogburn's mouth (beak?) about every hour.
Which gave me time in the kitchen to notice our kitchen sink faucet was dripping like crazy. 
We ended up tearing apart the old faucet assembly only to decide to go out and buy a whole new faucet set.  My husband did most of the work while I was trying to feed/water the rooster in our kitchen.

Cogburn started standing late-afternoon (instead of laying down with his eyes closed and feet curled😢).  And by that time we had a faucet that wasn't hemorrhaging.  Time to play.  My husband went out to work on his goat enclosure, and I thought I was going to garden -- but ended up sidetracked by an old metal lawn chair.  Great lines, but none of the cool old paint that I love so much.  So I decided to slap some gold paint on it.  Paint I already had (because going to the hardware store twice in one day would be politically incorrect in these times) even though it was interior paint.  I had already impulsively done a few swipes before I took the pic, but you can see why I thought it was dismal.

I am going to offend both ends of the spectrum.
The left wing "leave it the way you found it",
and the right wing "make it look like it did when it was made in 1954".
I hastily painted it with one coat, and then took a palm sander to it.
I think it is the best of both worlds -- and it inspired me.
More lawn chair rehab in my future.

2 comments:

  1. I hope your roo get's better.

    We have a sick faucet too. Dang things don't last very long at all now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always something. No wonder it is so hard to get ahead

    ReplyDelete

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...