Friday, April 3, 2020

Little Houses Made From Our Little House Scraps


I have been giving some thought to how I could encourage others during this time.  
I saw something similar to these little houses on someone's blog...
and a lightbulb went off.  

With the guest house construction going on, we have a wood scrap pile!  
I won't go into ugly details, but when I went out to scrounge
the scrap pile -- it was in flames.  Drop back and punt.
These were scrap piece I had already dumped in the bottom of some large planters,
getting them prepared for spring potting soil.  
So, I managed to salvage enough pre-cut scrap pieces for seven little houses.


I gave them each some nice little details.

 Each has a nice twisty wire to hold a card or photo.
In this case, a simple thank you to my local grocery checkers,
who show up and work so hard each day.

And the back will remind them of
Spring 2020 -- the highs and the lows.

3 comments:

  1. Love these! The twisty wires are perfect -- they look like smoke coming out of chimneys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are soooo awesome and clever! Love these!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...