Tuesday, April 21, 2020

My (Many) Vintage Metal Motel Chairs


A few of my metal motel chairs were looking a bit bedraggled.  So I painted those yellow.  A nice mellow gold-yellow.  And then decided to sand those to let all of the lovely paint layers peek through.
OK.  After counting all 14 motel chairs I realize I may have a problem.  (I may just be a bit of a vintage lawn chair hoarder). These are just the old metal motel chairs.  Not shown are the (many) mid-century outdoor metal mesh deck chairs (maybe a post on those later.)  (Ok....and there may be quite a few outdoor benches - but they are so romantic and practical.)

My only excuse is that I have sold far more motel chairs than I have kept.  So you know, that is something.... And  we do have a big yard.

Motel chairs are great for the fire pit area.  A couple of these chairs will eventually be jaw-dropping on the front porch of our new guest cottage (when it gets a front porch.)

 And you DEFINITELY need motel chairs for the chicken viewing area.

And of course we could always squeeze a couple on our back deck (because some day we are going to throw a glorious soiree and each seat will be filled.)

I just love the look of them.  The lines of them.  The history of them.  The layers of paint.  How sturdy they are. How comfortable they are.  How durable they are. Have I mentioned the layers of paint?

 This glider is my newest acquisition.  She glides S O O O   S M O O T H L Y.  The first thing my husband asked was where we were going to put her.  I don't know -- we'll make room.  She is among friends here.

1 comment:

  1. I love them. I don't think you can't have too many of them.

    I have to confess that I have a chair buying problem too....

    ReplyDelete

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...