Monday, April 27, 2020

Upcycled Overalls



Last fall we went to a garage sale and purchased eight pairs of amazing well-worn overalls.  Not only were they well-worn, but they were well-patched.  Patched by a thrifty and talented wife who got all of the mileage possible out of these denims. Read about that here.  I just wasn't completely sure what to do with them.

After cruising around on pinterest, I decided they needed a bit of upcycling.  But I don't have a sewing machine (and don't want one.)  I do know someone who does, and is creative to boot.  So I proposed to her that I hand over the overalls, a bunch of lace and other doodads and set her free.
In return, she would end up with half of the "loot".
She immediately caught the vision but said it would be awhile before she had time to tackle them.  Well, then along came quarantine.  Time to spare.

So last weekend she brought over the finished overalls.  
SO CUTE! And we divided up the eight between us.  
We both will probably keep one (or two)
and sell the rest.  

1 comment:

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...