Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Barnwood Egg Holder Trays

I saw my first wooden egg holder tray in a magazine this week.
And I was smitten.
Of course I wanted one.  
And I could have one if I wanted to shell out $25 - $89.

Or I could make my own.  
Fortunately I already had the 1" drill bit hole-maker thingie.
And since I have smaller bantam eggs, that is plenty big.

And I had scrap barnwood, leftover from my husband's boot tray project.
(Check that out here.)
I added a regular standard sized egg in the back so that you
could see the size difference between a "regular" egg and a bantam sized egg.
Really, they do pretty well for their size.

I have to say -- drilling the holes was not that much fun.

It took a lot of pressure and my hand got tired.  
My dreams of making one for every family that owns chickens
 in the state of Missouri dissolved after about the fourth hole. 

But now I have two for myself, and a few to give away.

2 comments:

  1. Very neat. I need to find a few boards to make some. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you have a better hole driller than I have ….

    ReplyDelete

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...