Monday, April 20, 2020

New Habits Picked Up During The Corona Virus


-- sleeping in until 10 am without guilt

-- rotating three outfits (if you can even call them outfits) so I never actually have to hang up clothing

-- thanking my grocery checker for coming to work

-- not bothering to wear a scrap of make-up

-- trying to use the food I buy (sounds so simple!)

-- waiting outside (standing in the parking lot) at the local Mexican restaurant every Taco Tuesday

-- asking random people if they are doing OK, and caring about their answer

-- wearing plastic gloves while grocery shopping

-- calling my way through all of my phone "contacts"

-- being grateful each time the water comes out of the tap

-- considering a trip to the local True Value hardware store a major social outing (still not worthy of putting on make-up)

-- waving at every car driving by my house (what if I am the only person they see today?!)

-- sitting in my lawn chair and watching the birds & chickens

-- cutting people slack (they may have gotten laid off, had someone they love fall ill....)

-- not watching or reading more than 15 minutes of news per day

-- whacking at my hair a bit every time I look in the mirror

-- streaming church services (in grubby clothes, with snacks, sometimes with eyes closed for     "meditation)

--last but not least.....blogging every day.  It will help me remember what I was up to during "the Great Quarantine of 2020"

2 comments:

  1. Don't whack all your hair off. I understand about the 3 outfits :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually just cut 1/4" off here and there. I like my hair short and it helps me cope. cheaper than therapy

    ReplyDelete

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...