Saturday, April 11, 2020

My Husband's Corona Virus Isolation Project #6 -- Insulate The Chicken House Door


We got four chickens a couple of weeks ago.
We are still in the learning process.
And if you have been following our chicken saga --
the rooster has made a full recovery.

But I was inside the chicken coop last week when the door swung shut.
With the sunlight behind the door, I could see more than 1/4" gaps between the boards.
And two days of below freezing temps coming up.

I was thinking just slap some of that blue insulation on the inside of the door.
 My husband did insulate, but then hid the whole mess with
old stamped ceiling tile.  Awesome.

While he was working on the door,
I was trying to clear an area where an old barn had burned down.
And I found this -- which I think is an old license plate.

So the license plate got thrown in the mix.
And now the chickens have a junk chic door to crow about.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you Roo is better. I like what he did to the door.
    Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...