Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Farewell To My Antique Booth


I have had at least one antique booth for the last 28 years.
Lots of different venues -- including my own antique shop for 3 years.
For at least 10 years I sold "junk" from an outdoor booth too.
I was always on the hunt for junk to resale in my booth.

It was a great side business when my kids were growing up.
It was a great side business when I had a "real" job.
Up until the last two years (since I moved to the Ozarks)
it has been very profitable for me.
But it is time to pull the plug -- it has not been
profitable enough for me since we moved down here.
I have one more trip down to remove my "stuff" and then I am done.
End of an era.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear it's not working out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is a little sad. hopefully having an Airbnb guesthouse will make up for some of the slack

    ReplyDelete

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...