Sunday, April 5, 2020

Back Door Herb Garden

This week I have been working on my back door herb garden.
When we moved in to this house two years ago the stony bones of this area already existed.

Left to right on middle level: The butterflies went crazy for the oregano last year -- and the plant survived the winter and is flourishing.  Actually I thinned about half of the plant.

In the center -- I don't remember what is in the little enamel pot.  It barely survived the winter -- maybe lemon verbena?

Far right is the mature sage plant, which was one of the few plantings that were around the house when we moved in. That sage is what made me decide to plant 2 of 3 levels with kitchen herbs. 

Left to right on the upper level:  I just planted rosemary & thyme in the yellow enamel pot (they are friends anyway right?)  In front of the pot I planted some flat leaf parsley seed, which I soaked for a couple days first.

Center is lavender, which smells heavenly as you are going inside (second year for it, and it seems to like it's location).

Far right is gold echinacea (coneflower) and to the right of that I just planted some basil seed. (In a couple weeks I will add annuals to the yellow enamel pot and the raised rectangular box -- which my son made for me last year.)

1 comment:

  1. My mint came back. I just planted a bunch of dill seed. Looks good.

    ReplyDelete

Blue Hearts & The End Of My Blog

Early on during the corona virus, I did this project. When we put scalloped wood trim on the guest cottage door, we had some of the trim ...